Monday, July 28, 2008

Life is a Highway (with Jesus!)

I'm going to tell you a story, you may or may not have heard before. Once the story is over I'm going to ask you a question.

The story is....
We all drive our cars down the highway called Life. Once day you see Jesus on the side of the road. You think I know who this is so you pull over to pick him up. Being uncomfortable with Him, but sure you'll need Him when you drive into a bad time, you put Him in the truck for safe keeping. Once those bad times come we invite Him to sit in the back seat. Eventually, after one of those bad times, you decide to let him stay in the back seat. Now you talk to Him. Ask for his advice. Thank goodness He's not a back seat driver! One day you realize you're more comfortable with him, you invite Him to the front seat. Right next to you! Wow! Jesus is right there next to you! The feeling! You are closer to Him then ever in your life! You talk to Him all the time now! Still you don't have peace in your life. You ask Him "Jesus, why don't I have peace in my life?"
He turn to you and say "I'm not in the driver's seat."

It's hard for us to give up control of our lives.

My question is...
Where Jesus sitting in your car on this highway we call Life? Passenger

No comments:

Post a Comment