Monday, January 28, 2008

fast draft and plotting

So I just joined Candace Haven's write_workshop yahoo group. She getting ready to start a workshop on how to write a fast draft in two weeks. She said to write 20 pages a day. All I can say about that is WOW! Anyway not sure I'm going to join this workshop since I just came up with a new idea that need some serious resource before even writing the first draft.

So this time around I have decided to try being a plotter. Or a least write more background and do more resource before writing that first draft so this is not a book I can try write in 30 or 70 days. Right I'm writing scenes in my heroine's first person POV. So far the scenes are importance to her. I'm hoping that other characters' scenes start popping into my head. I believe that actual story will be in 3rd person.

Later Y'all

2 comments:

  1. Candace has an awesome group. The archives are invaluable. Some of these motivation techniques are just to get you to write. The biggest thing to get to is "The End". How you get there is up to you. Good luck finding your end. Have fun plotting. I'm a plotting . . . ummm . . . monkey?.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Amanda--Candy's site is an incredible resource, and just looking through it motivates me. You don't have to do the whole 20 pages a day, but shoot for the most you CAN do. My page count will probably fall pretty short, but I'm going to plug away and do the best I can. Good luck Annie!

    ReplyDelete