Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday's Book Review


Thursday’s Review

Liz Maverick’s Wired

First I must say something about Dorchester’s new line Shomi. I love the idea. I love it since I heard about it last summer after the RWA Nationals 2006. Manga covers, Girl thrown into another world or her world is thrown off balance, Strong heroine, and all in a romance with a happy ever after ending! My kind of books! The kind I wish to write. The kind I wish to continue reading. Ok I admit that I brought Wired to get the inside scoop on the Shomi line.
What did I find?
I found great characterization, an unexpected twist, a happy ending and a WOW overall story. I want to read it again
Hard Trust
Here you go, fast track beginning (can be a good thing), and sometime hard to follow.

I’ll say again I want to read it a second time!

I want to see the things I didn’t see or understand the first time I read it. At this moment I’m thinking about the movie, Interview with a Vampire. If that not your type of movie, think of another one that learn something new every time you watch it or you notice something you miss the first or all the other times you watched it. I believe that what will happen when I read Wired again.

One More Thing

One more thing before I give you the back cover ploy summery of Liz’s book.
Liz and Marianne, two authors of the Shomi line, wore costumes to RWA Nationals last week. Personally I love the idea; others did not, to say the least. Mind you, I didn’t go to RWA Nationals, even thou I wanted to. So I didn’t have the experience to see them in their costumes. I did see Marianne’s picture on her blog. Cute! Guess what? I’m a manga fan, so I’m part of the target audience. I’m also in my 20ty again part of the target audience. Even if you are not part of the target audience, the young of all ages should try this line of books. Oh and another thing. I heard Sherrilyn Kenyon wore a black swan and vampire teeth with her usual black at the RWA’s signing. Can anyone say her books are not written well? No!!! Her books are bestsellers and so good!

So…

If you are a manga’s fan, Sherrilyn Kenyon’s fan, Sci-fi fan or just looking for something different to read, go read Liz Maverick’s Wired and the rest of the line. Marianne’s book comes out in August. If….If … you don’t, for whatever reason, don’t like Liz’s book. Read the others anyway since they’re written by different authors. It’s a different writer’s voice on those pages. You never know you might love one of the others.

Book’s back cover summery


Seconds aren't like pennies. They can't be saved in a jar and spent later. Fate seeps through cracks and shifts like fog. Pluck a second out of time or slip an extra one in, the consequences will change your life forever. Is the man you love really the man you think you know, or is there a version of your life in which he's your enemy? If you didn't know who or what you were before, would you take a chance on becoming that person again? L. Roxanne Zaborovsky is about to discover fate is comprised of an infinite number of wires, filaments that can be manipulated, and that she's not the one at the controls. From the roguishly charming Mason Merrick -- a shadow from her increasingly tenebrous past -- to the dangerously seductive Leonardo Kaysar, she's barely holding on. This isn't a game, and the pennies are rolling all over the floor. Roxy just has to figure out which are the ones worth picking up.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I surfed to your blog from the 70 Days of Sweat challenge.

    I didn't know jack squat about Shomi before the whole costume debacle. I'm a manga reader and a SciFi reader, too, so the idea caught my attention. The costume brouhaha made me curious enough to pick up "Wired" up at the local libreria. I guess this means that costumes work as a marketing ploy. But I'm glad they did; I like the book!

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great info to know.

    ReplyDelete