Friday, June 27, 2008

Why I write

First to understand why I write, you must know why I love reading. Yes, I know most writers love to read. It’s the love for the story that drives them to want to create their own stories.
The people who visit this blog may have notice the few and far between comments I have made about having a hearing lost. Most people have had a few times when they don’t hear or understand what someone else is saying. Well, imagine having that 24/7. For the most part you understand what the other person is saying then come a word you’re not expecting or rarely see. I read lips when I have a hard time understanding what I’m hearing. Once that word passed you are lost. You miss the rest of the conversion because your mind is to busy trying to figure out that WORD! Yes, incase you are wondering my mind run a million miles a minute trying to guess what you are going to say and what have you already said.
Anyway, a young girl, me, who hates whisperings and has a bad habit of tuning people out when I don’t understand, opened a book and I understand every word. There is no “what did you say?” , “Please repeat that.”, Or “what did they just say?” No! Every word is there. Right there! Printout in little black letters! In this wonderful silence but noisy world I “heard” perfectly. Of course after reading about these wonderful worlds I wanted to write about them. This is why I write for the same reason I read.

Why do you write or read? Is to escape to another world or to hear every word like me?

1 comment:

  1. Annie, thank you for sharing that! I can definitely see how reading would be an escape for you :)

    I read because I love the challenge of it, I suppose. Instead of having everything up on a big screen, I can transpose the words from the page and create my own universe in even bigger detail in my mind. I think it's good for the grey matter ;)

    Thanks for leaving a comment at my long-neglected blog, by the way! I've been writing like crazy and also taking 6 credit hours this summer so it's been pretty nuts. We're leaving for vacation in a week which has made things even more crazy! I'll update soon, I hope. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete